Chia seeds are prized for their ability to provide sustainable energy and have been a food staple in both the Mayan and Aztec cultures, along with native tribes of North America. In fact, chia is the ancient Mayan word for strength.
Mila® is a super food that is gluten-free, trans-fat free, sugar-free, and is a superior plant-based source of protein and fiber. Mila uses different varieties of the chia seed to provide a wide array of nutrients. By combining these crops, you get a nutritionally robust product.
Contains the omega-3 fat ALA, or “alpha-linolenic acid.” ALA has been shown to support heart health; in fact, studies have illustrated improved cardiovascular health among those with a high intake of ALA- containing foods, like Mila.
Mila also helps meet the fiber needs of your family. The fiber found in Mila is predominantly insoluble fiber, a form of fiber that aids in the relief of occasional constipation.
- Is a whole, raw super food and a natural source of omega-3s, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
- Is a blend of different crops of chia seed to help maximize nutrient density.
- Contains 3 grams of protein.
- Contains other important nutrients such as calcium.
- Is a good source of magnesium and phosphorous — both important nutrients for bone health.*
- Contains 3 grams of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in normal growth and development and brain function.*
- May be a great vegetarian substitute for fish oil.
- According to the USDA, chia seeds contain a significantly higher percentage of fiber than corn, rice, oats, wheat, or barley. Fiber helps promote satiety and relief from occasional constipation.*
- Mila can supplement your diet with plant-based fiber and protein.
- Can be consumed on its own or incorporated into your favorite dishes, yogurt, and smoothies. Mila® can replace eggs or up to ¼ cup of oil in recipes.
Brain, Blood-sugar, Digestion, Heart, Joints, Weight
- Add 2 tablespoons of Mila to your favorite beverages, yogurt, salads, cereals, smoothies, and recipes.
- Children: Start with 1 tablespoon one time per day
- Did you know that chia seeds can absorb up to 10 times their weight? This makes them great as thickeners in sauces, puddings, dips, and spreads. You can replace ¼ of the oil or 1 egg in your recipes. Simply add 1 tablespoon Mila to 3 tablespoons water and allow to sit for 15 minutes before using. As a versatile ingredient with a mild flavor, Mila can be incorporated into your favorite recipes.